Mission & Company Introduction
Porous GmbH was founded in 2021 with the goal of inventing a product that will revolutionize osteoporosis diagnostics worldwide using intelligent algorithms and harmless ultrasound.
In the near future, Porous will move to a brand-new location at the Potsdam Science Park, which can be reached from Berlin in about 30 minutes by public transportation. Due to Covid, mobile working will be deeply integrated into the company culture. You will be one of the first team members which will give you the opportunity to move a lot yourself and you can take away a lot for yourself. We embrace innovation, curiosity and flexibility.
With this position we expect you to:
Porous is looking for a highly skilled developer who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming. You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. As one of the first in the development team, you will work directly with the founders which offers a great way to learn how to start and grow a start-up, with exposure to everything across the business. If you are also familiar with Agile methodologies, we would like to meet you.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Development of software applications for medical ultrasound technologies
- Optimization and improvement of analysis routines. Especially parallel and GPU methods will be necessary
- Design and deployment of our database
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Implementation of our approved user interface
- Integration of a hardware API for medical ultrasound systems
- Development and implementation of algorithms for signal processing
- Improvement and adaptation of Matlab functions and code transfer to C++
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Comprehensive programming knowledge in high-level languages (preferably C/C++/C#) on Linux environments
- Experience in the use of RAD tools such as MATLAB
- Proven experience in embedded systems design
- Basic knowledge of UI / UX design, ideally experience with QT. HTML, CSS or similar languages are also welcome
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with real-time applications
- Server management and deployment for the relevant environment
- Proficiency with Git
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Good understanding of the German and English language
- An international high end MedTech start-up environment where your work makes the difference for Osteoporosis patients.
- A gross monthly salary depending on your experience, knowledge of the field, etc.
- Flexible working hours and home office options for a better work-life balance.
- And more….the perks of a start-up!
If you are interested to fill this exciting position within the Porous team, please click below to apply.