Mission & Company Introduction:
Porous GmbH was founded in 2021 with the goal of inventing a product that will revolutionize osteoporosis diagnostics worldwide. Porous is located in the brand-new location at the Potsdam Science Park, which can be reached from Berlin in about 30 minutes by public transportation. Mobile working will be deeply integrated into the company culture and working from home is available. You will be one of the first team members which will give you the opportunity to move a lot yourself and you can take away a lot for yourself. We embrace innovation, curiosity and flexibility.
With this position we expect you to:
Porous is looking for a highly skilled Software Engineer who is comfortable with writing C++. Matlab code, created for research purposes, needs to be improved and rewritten into professional C++ code. The code must be converted into object-oriented structures and the processes need to be parallelized or transferred to a GPU processing.
Other interesting topics are the implementation of a new ultrasound measurement methods, hardware programming, optimization of data acquisition, real-time image reconstruction, data processing by parallel and GPU supported methods and cloud-based data analysis.
Optimally, you already have experience in the medical sector and are familiar with the typical regularities. If you thrive in an energetic environment and are passionate about empowering the small business owner, we’d love to meet you!
Your role and responsibilities:
- Development of software applications for medical ultrasound technologies
- Optimization and improvement of analysis routines. Especially parallel and GPU methods will be necessary
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Development and implementation of algorithms for signal processing
- Improvement and adaptation of Matlab functions and code transfer to C++
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Comprehensive programming knowledge in C ++, MATLAB or similar
- Good knowledge of Linux operation
- Ideally knowledge of IEC 62304
- Proficiency with Git
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Good understanding of the English language, German is a plus
An international high end MedTech start-up environment where your work makes the difference for osteoporosis patients.
A gross monthly salary depending on your experience, knowledge of the field, etc.
- Fair and competitive compensation
- International team from all over the world
- Frequent opportunities for further professional education
- We promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career
If you are interested to fill this exciting position within the Porous team, please click below to apply.